Hi! I am Alex Doumanoglou, a technology enthusiast and a passionate Electrical and Computer Engineer. This is my place on the web and I warmly welcome you. Here you may find what I do best when it comes to my profession.
a technology enthusiast and a passionate Electrical and Computer Engineer. I am an open-minded person interested in almost anything related to technology. I am self-motivated, problem solving oriented, with strong can-do attitude and extremelly fond of developing practical solutions (solutions that actually work!) for complex problems. I am interested in getting involved in product oriented challenging projects that target high quality standards.
Lead developer for two 3D-TeleImmersive Games:
Developed software that can be used
1. to operate multiple cameras in a synchronized manner
2. as a multi-view video recorder and player and
3. to calibrate a multi-view camera setup,
including intrinsic and extrinsic parameters. The software was developed in C++, C++/CLI with OpenCV and boost and supports an arbitrary number of camera devices.
Developed a Computer Aided Design (CAD) Control to be used with the Microsoft .NET Framework, oriented for land surveying applications.
Key features include:
1. 2D & 3D Views.
2. Add / Select / Edit / Remove Point, Line, Polyline, Polygon, Triangle support.
3. Typical camera operations Pan/Rotate/Zoom/Zoom Window.
4. 2D / 3D Canvas.
5. Numerous High Quality Shading modes.
6. Efficient Text Rendering.
7. Support for rendering texture-mapped land models.
8. Hierarchical Management of object entities in Project -> Base -> Layer manner.
9. Support for efficient lookup of entities based on geometric criteria.
10. Overall, highly optimized for execution time and efficient rendering. Supports efficient handling of models of over 1 million triangles in Intel Core i5 with nVIDIA GTX 550Ti GPU.
Technologies used: .NET Framework (C# & VB.NET), DirectX.
Extended the ERP used by a language school with the following features:
1. Support for manual and automated SMS sending to students and/or their guardians.
2. Automate the production of finance and other statistical reports concerning the running of the language school.
Technologies used: Delphi, ADO, SQL.
Developed algorithms in C programming language for improving the performance of a speech recognition system in noisy environments. Key elements include a voice activation detection module and background noise filters. The software developed was targeting a portable device running Windows CE.
The term passive acoustic radar is used here to denote a device set-up able to detect an audio source in space without utilizing any transmitter. For this purpose, a microphone array was used for audio signal capturing. Via digital signal processing the direction of the incoming audio is identified, giving an estimate for the location of the audio source. Moreover, the radar's software was able to perform audio source recognition utilizing machine learning and pattern recognition techniques.
Involved in design and construction of 3 printed circuit boards (PCBs), developed software in C for Texas Instruments’ TMS320C6711 DSP and user interface software for the PC connected to the PCBs in C++/CLI for visualization and parameterization of the radar.
Developed simulations in order to determine bit error rates for signal transmission over wireless and satellite channels. Studied error correction codes. Algorithms were developed in C and MATLAB.